Hello, Captains of Midgard!
This is Natara, and I am pleased to announce that a new update is on the way.
Listed below are the details for the upcoming 18.104.22.168 update.
Addition of Probability Compensation to Consecutive Maximization Effects
※ Maximization Effect refers to the skill that gets randomly activated when using the 4th skill.
There are times when the opponent hunter's maximization effect gets consecutive activation, but your hunter's maximization effect doesn’t.
Many Captains have reported that there is a problem with the maximization activation algorithm when such situations occurred.
Many investigations and various experiments were conducted internally.
However, the final result was always certain.
If it was repeated a large number of times, say 1000 times or more, there were no issues with the probability itself.
However, as we were conducting experiments ourselves, we also learned that suspecting the probability is psychologically inevitable when you are hit with maximization effects 6 times in a row. There were discussions about adding probability compensation to consecutive activations of the maximization effect, and we have decided to add it with this update.
The way this consecutive probability compensation works is very simple and clear.
- When the battle starts, the hunters will each start with the same maximization probability as before
- When a hunter uses a skill and maximization gets activated, their next maximization probability will decrease by 10%
- When a hunter uses a skill and maximization does not get activated, their next maximization probability will increase by 10%
- The probability compensation will be made separately for each hunter and does not affect each other
E.g. When Hunter A's maximization probability is 30%,
- At the start of the battle = Maximization activation probability → 30%
- Skill used for the 1st time, maximization activated ⇒ -10% = Next maximization activation probability → 20%
- Skill used for the 2nd time, maximization activated ⇒ -10% = Next maximization activation probability → 10%
- Skill used for the 3rd time, maximization activated ⇒ -10% = Next maximization activation probability → 0%
- Skill used for the 4th time, maximization not activated ⇒ +10% = Next maximization activation probability → 10%
- Skill used for the 5th time, maximization not activated ⇒ +10% = Next maximization activation probability → 20%
Rather than changing the probability itself, this continuous probability compensation allows the perceived probability to become more consistent with the actual probability within a small number of repetitions, in order to prevent unfair situations that may occur.
However, if the maximization activation probability is low, it may feel as if the maximization is activated more frequently compared to before, due to how the compensation works.
- Fixed the issue where Stun Immunity did not apply normally during a battle in a certain situation
- Fixed the issue where the hunter's strength was calculated lower than normal when their Critical Chance was set as very low
- Fixed the issue where abnormal crash issues occurred in the Hunter Supply Station in a certain situation
- Fixed the issue where the attendance date was marked incorrectly in Daily Sign In Supply in a certain situation
- Fixed the issue where the lower background image was displayed incorrectly in the Fishing Area
- Fixed the issue where some hunters' illustration and thumbnail images were displayed incorrectly
※ The update schedule for iOS may change depending on the verification process.